logo

Our forum has been moved to a new system. If you previously had an account you will need to create a new account using the same username and email address. Do not use the 'Forgot Password Feature'

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Unexpected Results on Craps when I "seven out".
Ted Morarity
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:42:10 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Basic Situation/Background: When playing the CRAPS game I place a "passline" bet of say $5. I proceed with play and eventually "seven out" either on the come out roll or on a later roll after a point number has been established.

What I expect to happen: My expectation upon the "seven out" is that the loss would be subtracted from my account and the table would be cleared so I can proceed with the next turn.

What is actually happening: The loss IS correctly subtracted from my account. But, the table IS NOT cleared. Rather, the $5 chip representing my pass line bet is moved to a spot on the table just above the "hardways bets"area. Then (and this does get confusing), that chip seems to be added to whatever I bet on the next round. For example. If I were to place a $5 pass line bet, the total amount of that bet becomes $10!! (I verify this by checking the stats on my player after I place the bet). After studying this over many, many such events, it seems like the original chip which was moved is acting as a "free odds bet". I say this because the payout once I hit a point number is consistent with what the payout on the "free odds bet" would be.

My apologies for the rather confusing explanation but IT IS CONFUSING THE HECK OUT OF ME!!

Can anyone explain why this works this way and, more importantly, how do I stop this from happening. Frankly, it is ruining the fun of this game as, in my opinion, it does not represent "the real game of craps".? THANKS !!!!

Note: In my game settings I have "2X" set as the max on "free odds bets".
Brandy redux
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:48:15 AM(UTC)
Brandy redux

Groups: Registered

Hi Ted,

Since I don't play craps, I don't have any personal thoughts to contribute. And, even though these forums are designed to allow fellow users to come together to build a Hoyle Gaming Community, not many regular users drop by these forums. So, I will provide basic thoughts about how Hoyle games are played.

The most important point which must always be kept in mind about any Hoyle game is that all Hoyle products are designed to be played according to the original

Hoyle Book of Games

What that means is that the Rules of the Games NEVER change from one version to another. And, the rules are never updated to include variations.

So, it is very likely that the results you are expecting are related to a variation to the original rules of the game. And, if that is the case, there is nothing that can be done - because the game play is being processed according to the original rules.

If you will click on the link below

http://www.hoylegaming.c...howrule.aspx?RuleID=206

you will be able to review the rules of the Craps game which are used with all Hoyle products. Since there is no mention of the table being cleared after a "seven out", that would indicate that clearing the table after a "seven out" is a variation.