logo

Our forum has been moved to a new system. If you previously had an account you will need to create a new account using the same username and email address. Do not use the 'Forgot Password Feature'

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Chicken Sound for Yacht
Cuttler
#1 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 8:48:41 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

The chicken squak after a roll in Yacht is the most annoying sound I've ever heard. I don't know why this was added when it wasn't in the 2005 version but I need to get rid of it without turning off the rest of the sounds. I'd like to know what the file name is and the program so that I can delete it (if anyone knows). Thanks.
Brandy redux
#2 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 12:01:43 PM(UTC)
Brandy redux

Hi Cuttler,

That sound is built into the program as part of the Sound Effects. So, there is only way to get rid of that sound - Turn OFF the Sound Effects in the program.

To Turn OFF the Sound Effects, click on 'Options', then select 'Environment' when the menu pops up. When the Environment window opens, click in the box next to 'Sound Effects' to remove the checkmark from the box. Then, click on 'Apply' and click on 'OK'.
Cuttler
#3 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 8:02:17 PM(UTC)

Thank you for the reply. I actually knew all of that. But as the program does have to go get a file to make the sound I was hoping someone knew the file name so that I could delete it off my hard drive. I went looking for it but couldnt find it. I don't want the sound effects off because I do want to hear the dice shake and fall and notifications of good rolls. I just want that one horrid sound to go away. :)