logo

Our forum has been moved to a new system. If you previously had an account you will need to create a new account using the same username and email address. Do not use the 'Forgot Password Feature'

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Hoyle 2012 has same bugs as Hoyle Card Games 2008
Niteprowl2
#1 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 5:10:21 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I have played Hoyle Card Games 2008 a great deal since retiring 2 years ago. I found several bugs that the patch update for 2008 did not fix. I contacted Encore sales and asked if the bugs had been worked out in 2012 that were present in 2008. I was told that 2012 was a different technology and the bugs had been corrected. Because of this info I ordered Hoyle Card Games 2012.
On the first day I got it and installed it, I started playing Hearts. During my 3rd game, I won with a score of 4 points. Because I did not get the Queen of Spades, I should have been given $231 as a "Queen Dodger". All I received was the $58 for the win. It was the same bug I had encountered in Hoyle Card Games 2008. Also in some hands 3 cards were missing when the players passed cards at the beginning of the game. Seems the "New Technology" was a joke and nothing has changed. If you own an older Hoyle Card Game, do not expect a newer card game to be better.
Also I expected a whole new set of virtual player verbalizations in the newer game. Unfortunately the virtual players said the exact same things. After hearing certain words and phrases for 2 years, I had heard it all and just turned the sound off because I knew everything the virtual players were saying. Very disappointed in Encore for not improving their games after 4 years of development. Cursing