logo

Our forum has been moved to a new system. If you previously had an account you will need to create a new account using the same username and email address. Do not use the 'Forgot Password Feature'

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Stuck in full screen
Ham_Gravy
#1 Posted : Monday, June 06, 2016 11:59:43 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

This might be beyond the bounds of this forum, but maybe the answer might be messaged to me, if the topic isn't fit for general use. Like it says, my Puzzle and Board Games is stuck in full screen mode, and I can't make the desktop command work. What I'm hoping for, is the specific file/folder name in which I can do some guided editing to return to desktop mode.

In interests of full disclosure, I'm running the game in WINE on Ubuntu Linux, which is why a Windows-oriented forum might not want to hear about this. The problem persists with reboots and monitor resolution changes.
TMLFAN4LIFE
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2016 3:12:30 PM(UTC)
TMLFAN4LIFE

Groups: Registered, Administrators

While I have limited experience with WINE, I do know that if anything is wrong within the emulation software, that the developers of the Windows Emulation software would have to make adjustments on their end as our software was purely designed for Mac and Windows.

If you're looking for a better Hoyle Experience, get any game 2007 and before, that would have the best results in Wine.
Jason Carver
Community Support at Encore Software.
http://forums.encoreusa.com
http://forums.hoylegaming.com
Official Tech Support : http://support.encore.com
Ham_Gravy
#3 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 4:35:13 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Thank you for replying.

I agree about the older versions of Hoyle Games probably working better with WINE. The fact that I have a widescreen monitor might also be making a difference. I might be able to reset the monitor resolution to 800 x 600, and go dig up an old CRT monitor and try a reboot.

What makes this a particular problem for me, is that the game opening up in fullscreen mode kills all other access to operating system controls, and I have no choice but to reboot. The reason I wanted the folder/file info on where the fullscreen/desktop setting could be changed, is so that I could regain access to saved games and puzzles.

This also suggests a possibility for a program change for future editions, that of having the game always opening up in desktop mode, regardless of what mode was present at shutdown. That way, an inadvertent blunder like mine would do no lasting harm.