logo

Our forum has been moved to a new system. If you previously had an account you will need to create a new account using the same username and email address. Do not use the 'Forgot Password Feature'

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Game Improvement
PAZAKA
#1 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 8:34:47 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I wonder just who programs these games? I have bought several versions of the card games, to suit new computers etc...

Do the programmmers actually know how to play the games they are programming? I find some of the stupid moves would cause a riot at a 'real' game. If I played with a 'real'person and they made some of these stupid moves there would be words.. strong blue words!!!

Examples:

Spades,
1..: partner trumps your ACE, that you counted for 1 trick, and thus sets you and you go "down" by that 1 trick!.

2..: You are attempting a NIL or double Nil.. partner is last to play on a trick and trumps with the ACE and leads off the 2.. forcing you to take that trick and go down???

3..: By the 3rd hand in a game you know you will lose the game.. why? becuse the programer made sure you never got enough points,, one or two low scoring hands is OK and normal, but when you get enough to just make 1 trick per hand.. and so does partner?? for several hands.. you are at less than 100 and opposition has over 300? what is your first clue that it is 'rigged' against you?

HEARTS: You suddenly find you have a single Ace of Spades, and the oppositon leads the Queen of Spades right away forcing you to take the trick and the points and you don't have enough other cards to get the contriol..? In real play no one would ever lead a Queen of Spades.. you would have to KNOW that the opposition has only the one higher card!!

And so on.. I have gotten so good at these games that I simply play 3 or 4 hands...see how the play is going.. and hit the NEW GAME option..I enjoy playing but just wish it were more random and fair.. I do not NEED to always win...but if I lose I want it to be my fault for improper playing or just bad cards and bidding.. not because some dorky computer programmmer wants to make a point!
megared
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 7:38:17 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I totally agree but also in hearts the first heart laid is a 2 I play my 5 without fail the others have 3 and 4 forcing me to take the trick or no heart and i eat the queen. 95% of the time at least once per game.

Also for the Love of god and card games either add some new players or at the very least let the ones from blackjack play in other games. I own every version from classic to 2012 each time i hope to see a new partner/opponent and just the same old faces from way back when.