logo

Our forum has been moved to a new system. If you previously had an account you will need to create a new account using the same username and email address. Do not use the 'Forgot Password Feature'

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

game stopped paying money rewards
luluelliott
#1 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 7:23:53 AM(UTC)

Groups:

The game has all of a sudden stopped paying money rewards for all players. What could have caused this and how do I fix it?
Brandy redux
#1 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 8:50:59 AM(UTC)
Brandy redux

Groups: Registered

Hi luluelliott,

The most important thing to keep in mind about money rewards with Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games is that Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games is not designed to pay money rewards for every accomplishment. So, if I were you, the first thing I would do is go to the Guide to make sure that Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games 2010 is designed to pay money rewards for the accomplishment for which you feel you should receive money rewards.

If you see that the Guide does indicate that you should receive money rewards for a specific accomplishment, please post back here and provide more detailed information about your problem, including:

1. Which game or games are you playing that are no longer paying money rewards.

2. Which accomplishment or accomplishments are not paying money rewards. And, did Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games ever pay money rewards for those accomplishments.

For example, if you have been playing Chess, has Hoyle Puzzle & Boards Games 2010 stopped paying when you capture a pawn.

Or, if you have been playing Pachisi, has Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games 2010 stopped paying when you Roll Doubles.

3. When you said that Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games 2010 stopped paying money rewards for all players, were you referring to yourself and the computer players or were you referring to yourself and other Real Players.

Please try to provide as many specific details as possible about your problem.
luluelliott
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 12:29:19 AM(UTC)

Groups:

Thank you so much for your reply to my problem.

Yes, the games that I play (tile games, word games, rummy squares, star catcher and more) have always paid out during the games and after the games if you were a winner, as well. For example in the tile game, Maghong, if you get so many in a row, you get rewarded with money. In star catcher, once you have accomplished stars within the game, you get monetary rewards and are promoted up a level. In hangman, at the end of the game, you get a reward based on how many tries it took you to get the word.

My grandkids, my husband, and I have all created a characteer of ourselves and have used the monetary rewards for decorating our icon area. When I said that it stopped paying for all characters, I met only for us--not the computer-generated people, as they don't earn rewards anyway.

I went into the catalog and with money accumulated in my account, bought other items for my character, but I cannot accumulate any more money. That's the crux of the problem.

Again, thank you for your help. We may have to delete it and reload it, which will erase all our accomplishments within the games. No biggie, but just wish there was a solution to the current problem w/o having to do that.
Brandy redux
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 3:15:53 AM(UTC)
Brandy redux

Hi luluelliott,

Since the problem you are experiencing is very unusual, before you try deleting the game and reloading it, please try this first. Click on the link below

http://forum.hoylegaming...-and-Win7.aspx#post3912

then follow the directions in that FAQ for performing a Computer Cleanup - making sure that you follow Steps 1 through 6 EXACTLY as described. If you experience any problems with the Computer Cleanup, please post back to ask about those problems. Then, after the Computer Cleanup is completed, play a few games to see if Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games 2010 will start paying again.

Then, please post back here and let me know whether or not the Computer Cleanup solved the problem. If the Computer Cleanup does not solve the problem, I can provide another recommendation that does not involve deleting and reloading the game. But, that recommendation *might* require that you erase all our accomplishments.
luluelliott
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 7:11:15 AM(UTC)

Groups:

Okay, I did what you suggested. Took quite some time to work its way through that last stage of the five stage steps for "run check disk."

No luck. Still not working.
Brandy redux
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 7:28:57 AM(UTC)
Brandy redux

Hi luluelliott,

Yes, when a Computer Cleanup is performed correctly, it will take quite a while to complete the "run check disk" step. However, it is not necessary to perform the "run check disk" very often. So, in the future, if you ever decide to perform another Computer Cleanup, you shouldn't need to perform the "run check disk" again.

Since the Computer Cleanup did not solve the problem, it is possible that the problem is being caused by corrupt player data. However, it would be EXTREMELY unusual for the player data for all real players to be corrupt.

The next step that I would recommend is to perform the following steps - which will, I'm afraid, wipe out all of your accomplishments.

1. For WinXP, go this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\{your user name}\Application Data\

For Vista & Windows 7, go to this folder:

C:\Users\{your user name}\AppData\Roaming

2. Right click on the Hoyle Puzzle and Board Games folder, then Delete that folder.

DO NOT delete the Hoyle FaceCreator folder.

3. Restart the computer then try the game again - to see if it will pay again.

Then, reply back to let me know whether or not the game is paying again. If the game is still not paying, please tell me which Operating System you are using.
luluelliott
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 7:29:42 AM(UTC)

Groups:

It did work! All of a sudden the rewards are showing up. What the hay. Thanks for your help.
Brandy redux
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 7:46:50 AM(UTC)
Brandy redux

Hi luluelliott,

Thank You Very Much for letting me know that the problem is solved. It's kinda too bad, though, that you had to lose all of your accomplishments.