logo

Our forum has been moved to a new system. If you previously had an account you will need to create a new account using the same username and email address. Do not use the 'Forgot Password Feature'

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Canasta will not let me meld
kingjames46
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2009 8:34:55 PM(UTC)

Groups:

The game will not let me meld. I cannot drag and drop nor can I right click. I am trying to do an initial 50 meld with duece and two aces.
Brandy redux
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2009 5:19:14 AM(UTC)
Brandy redux

Groups: Registered

Hi kingjames46,

Even though it is a bit tricky to play the cards in Canasta, it is possible to do so - once you learn exactly how it works. When you are playing the cards, you must click on a card then drag it to the place you want to place it. The problem is that if you want to meld a card, the spot where the card must be placed is very small. And, the trick is that you will not be able to place the card until the tip of your mouse cursor is directly over the spot where the card must be placed. But, when you see that the tip of your mouse cursor is directly over the spot where the card must be placed, all you should have to do to place the card is to remove your finger from the mouse.

As to where you said you cannot right click on the cards, it has been determined that the right click does not work for some games in Hoyle Card Games 2009.

As to where you said that you cannot drag and drop, if you are saying that you actually cannot move the cards by dragging and dropping, that problem is very likely being caused by either an outdated or damaged video card driver. And, in that case, the best course of action would be to click on the link below

http://forum.hoylegaming...-video-card-drivers.aspx

then follow the directions in that Updating video card drivers FAQ for updating your video card driver.