logo

Our forum has been moved to a new system. If you previously had an account you will need to create a new account using the same username and email address. Do not use the 'Forgot Password Feature'

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Do computer players possess different difficulty levels?
lfisher
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:51:18 AM(UTC)

Groups:

I'm a moderately good Gin player and I play frequently. However I do get frustrated. The opponent (computer) frequently knocks out after 1 or 2 draws, and this doesn't seem statistically possible. I don't run into this with real players. I've also noticed that discarding my "next to the last card" before I'm ready to knock, seems to invariably prompt the computer to go out. I wonder if your programming algorithm is really generating random cards? The only way I can get around this it to switch players several times. Which brings up another question-- Are the players programmed to present different difficuty levels?
Brandy redux
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 3:54:48 AM(UTC)
Brandy redux

Groups: Registered

Hi lfisher,

Since this user-to-user forum is NOT monitored on a regular basis by the Development Team for Hoyle Card Games 2009, and since I am a volunteer moderator only, I cannot give you any specific information as to whether or not the players are programmed to present different Difficulty levels. However, my experience (even with the earlier Hoyle programs) is that the computer players appear to be programmed with different Skill and Luck levels. So, it could definitely be said that the computer players are programmed to present different Difficulty levels.
lfisher
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2009 3:59:31 AM(UTC)

Groups:

That's interesting. I wonder if there is any way to submit a comment to the technical staff?
Brandy redux
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2009 4:18:41 AM(UTC)
Brandy redux

Groups: Registered

Hi lfisher,

It is actually possible to submit Feedback/Suggestions to the Development Team.

For Hoyle Card Games 2009, you would do so by clicking on the link below

http://forum.hoylegaming...to-Submit.aspx#post3924

then following the directions in that "How to Submit Feedback/Suggestions/Gripes" FAQ.